‘A woodland sprite is a small imaginative creature who loves to play in the woods’
Woodland Sprites run exciting, imaginative outdoor activities in York.
Each session is led by highly qualified staff who have a wealth of experience working with young people aged 3-18 years in the outdoor environment.
We specialise in outdoor learning and play experiences which include:
– Forest School sessions
– Forest School taster days
– Talks and workshops
Meet the Team
Woodland Sprites is run by us, Jan Wilson and Jill Harvey. We both have a passion for working with young people outdoors.
We are qualified Level 3 Forest School and Beach School Practitioners and have run Forest School and Outdoor Education sessions for many years. We are qualified primary school teachers and presently work as full time teachers at The Mount Junior School, York where we run weekly Forest School and Outdoor Education sessions for children aged 5-11 years. In addition we have experience running Forest School sessions for Nursery children, children with specific learning difficulties and adults.
We have many years experience taking young people away on residentials, wild camping and outdoor pursuits courses.
Want to know more about us?
– DBS Checked
– Hold First Aid and Food Hygiene qualifications
– Experience working as a volunteer with Yorkshire Wildlife Trust and SNAPPY
– Experience delivering lecture to students at University of York St John and supporting students completing Level 3 Forest School Practitioner Training
– Public Liability Insurance (£5,000,000) Birnbeck Insurance Services
– Registered with ICO Data Protection
– Members of the Institute of Outdoor Learning (IOL)
– Members of Forest School Association and Forest School Wales
– Supporters of Project Wild Thing